ABC TV news - 27.5.2011
The Environmental Protection Authority is investigating, after a white, frothy liquid was filmed spurting from a coal seam gas mining site in Camden in south-west Sydney, a few hundred metres from an open drinking water channel.
MP Jeremy Buckingham said “It is deeply disturbing to see unknown chemicals sprayed into Sydney’s drinking water supply.”
We think its deeply disturbing too! AGL said it was “accidental” – so does that makes it all o.k.? Drink up, Sydney – it might be poisonous, but it was only an accident. Accidents do happen, after all, and most especially in this toxic CSG industry.